Please NOTE: There are no restrooms on site for paddlers. Please go to the restroom before you arrive.
The governor of Delaware has determined that consumer goods and rentals can resume effective 5/8/20. Here is more information.
As of 6/15/20, Delaware has entered Phase 2. Here is a link with details.
Traveling to Delaware - Info from Our Delaware State Tourism Office.
We at Delmarva Board Sports are taking steps to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus. If you are in the population of risk (elderly or immune compromised), perhaps staying home is safer for you.
For those who do want to get outdoors and go paddling or windsurfing, here's what we are doing to help keep you safe. We follow the Delaware standards for COVID-19 safety (see diagram above) as well as the industry specific recommendations.
Behind the Scenes
- We encourage sick staff to stay home.
- We provide staff with information about COVID-19, its symptoms, and how it spreads.
- We provide staff with masks when within 6" of guests, and hand sanitizer.
- We now offer self serve launching, instead of closely assisted launching to maintain proper social distancing.
- We provide thorough sanitizing of equipment in between guests with a virus killing solution safe for the environment.
- Handwashing station is available to all.
- Employees who can, work at least 6' feet from customers and other employees or work from home.
What We Provide to Address the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Curbside Delivery / Pickup options
- New Plexi-Glass coverage at check in.
- Hand sanitizer and/or cleaning products to kill the COVID Virus so that commonly touched areas at check in and vessel/paddle surfaces can be disinfected / wiped down by staff.
- We provide touchless payment options and on-line liability waivers
- We provide touch less sharing of photographs via iPhone technology.
- Lots of UV Rays, Heat and Humidity (Mother nature willing)
- We have PFDs and Paddles for Sale in Case You Prefer to Use Your own.
- There is a $1 COVID Surcharge per vessel.
What You Can Do
- Maintain proper social distancing 6'
- Understand how COVID-19 spreads.
- Follow CDC Guidelines re: COVID19
- Bring your own PFD (lifevest USGC approved) and paddle if you have one.
- We have hand sanitizer. Please bring your own Hand Sanitizer / Sanitizing Wipes just in case we run out.
- Wear a Mask at Check In to Protect our Admin Staff and Others.
- Sneeze or Cough into a Tissue or inside the neck of your T-Shirt
- Proper hand hygiene is an important infection control measure. Keep in mind where you can access and use facilities with soap and water. Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Be realistic regarding your physical abilities and limitations. Since we must social distance, please be sure you are able to get in/out of a kayak or on/off a paddleboard on your own. We normally go above/beyond with assistance, but sadly, we are not able to during this pandemic.